If you love bananas, this banana pudding cake recipe is a fun way to satisfy your cravings.
My boys are absolutely in love with bananas, and so am I! We absolutely love banana muffins, banana bread and banana pudding. But this recipe takes our obsession with bananas one more step. My banana pudding cake is a fun way to satisfy all of our cravings in one 10×13 inch pan.
Start this cake by mixing all your cake ingredients together for 3-5 minutes, until they are well combined. Pour into a greased and floured 10×13 inch pan, and bake at 350 until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
Let it cool for 5-10 minutes and then poke a bunch of holes all over it.
Prepare a large box of instant banana pudding according to the regular package directions (3 cups of cold milk to one large box of pudding), but instead of mixing the entire 5 minutes until it is thickened, mix for about 2-3 minutes so its dissolved, but still very pourable. Pour it all over the cake and spread it around, making sure it gets into all those holes.
Chill the cake until it is cooled completely and the pudding is set. Next whip up your cream and spread it all over the top. Crush your cookies, and garnish with the crushed cookies and sliced banana.
For more amazing cake recipes, consider the following affiliate links:
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (3⅛ oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 lg eggs, beaten
- ½ cups canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large box instant banana cream pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Whipped Cream:
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- crushed Nilla Wafers
- fresh sliced bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 10x13 pan by buttering and flouring, or using baking spray.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, vanilla pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix for 3-5 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then poke holes all over the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Mix large box of instant banana cream pudding with milk with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until the pudding mix is fully dissolved, but the pudding is still very pourable. Pour all over the cake, making sure it gets into all the holes.
- Chill cake until fully cooled and pudding has set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread on the top of the cake. Garnish with crushed cookies and fresh sliced banana. Serve immediately.