I am so honored to be nominated for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award! Thank you Rachel, of The Tao of Poop, for recognizing me as a wonderful mom-focused blog. It’s such an amazing feeling to know I’m inspiring other moms, especially with Mother’s Day just around the corner.
After years of helping my sons with their Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), I realized I had somehow lost myself in the mix. Where was Jenny? I think it’s common for moms to lose their sense of self, but especially when you’re dealing with any type of special need or challenging situation.
Some of you may know I write the blog The Sensory Spectrum. But my family is more than SPD. I realized it was time to start shifting from just being an SPD parent to recognizing myself as a mom and as a person. I’m not done evolving, and I hope you aren’t either.
As part of this award, I’m asked to tell 3 things I love about being a mom. Where to begin? My answers just scratch the surface.
- I love the sheer enjoyment and laughter in my kids’ faces. When their eyes crinkle with gladness, it makes me glow inside.
- I love seeing the lightbulb go off in my kids. It’s a joy when I can see their little minds working and they get excited to learn.
- I love teaching them how to manage the world around them. As people we can either choose to laugh or cry. Knowing how to turn a rotten situation into something positive is a gift I hope to pass on.
These women are beautiful mamas to me:
Katina @ Not Just a Boy
Ashley @ Sewrite
Tammy @ Housing a Forest
Jennifer @ another jennifer
Janine @ True Aim Education
Leah @ Leah Inspired
- Click the above award image, save it and use it in your acceptance post.
- List 3 things you love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving mamas; you may choose as many as you like.