Have you noticed everyone is posting brief movies of their photos. It may just be a couple of seconds long but lets you see the “action” made out of several photos. How on earth do you make one of these JPEG movies?
There are a number of smartphone apps. But if you’re like me, most of your photos you take with your camera. Also, many desktop software is designed for Windows, not for Mac. But I’ve got a solution for you!
How to Turn Your Photos Into a Quick Movie on a Mac computer:
1. Gather the photos you want to turn into a time-lapse movie into one folder on your desktop or documents folder.
2. Download and install Time Lapse Assembler for Mac. Click HERE for the free program.
3. Although this program is free, the programmer is asking for donations. If you like it, throw the guy some bucks. It encourages programmers to keep designing inexpensive software, and it’s just the right thing to do.
4. Once the software has been installed, double click to open it.
5. Choose the files you want to use.
6. Choose a slower framerate (like 2-4 frames per second – FPS) so it shows the action at a more normal rate.
7. Click the encode button, and you will be ready to go. You can view your new movie in Quicktime, email it to friends or upload it to YouTube.
Here’s the finished product!