Making a sensory bottle really isn’t as complicated as you might think. Find out how to make simple sensory bottles for your child in just minutes!
Do you ever browse through Pinterest, seeing all of these amazing sensory activities moms are coming up with, only to think to yourself, “How on earth am I supposed to have the time and energy to make that?” I was certainly one of those moms. But I’m telling you that sensory bottles don’t have to be complicated at all to be hits with your kids!
With some simple materials, you can be making your own sensory bottles in absolutely no time! This post contains affiliate links.
What You’ll Need to Get Started for Sensory Bottles
Materials you absolutely must have:
- Empty water bottle (personally I like Voss bottled water because you can stand the bottle up on either end)
- Super glue (you don’t want that sucker getting opened)
Additional materials you may already have:
- Dried grains (rice, quinoa)
- Dried beans (peas, kidney beans)
- Dried pasta or other food items (popcorn kernels)
- Baby oil
- Food coloring
- Clear glue
- Plastic gems/jewels
- Fun art supplies (sequins, pipe cleaners, feathers, googly eyes, tissue paper)
- Found objects (pebbles, pine needles, shells)
- The list could go on!
Directions to Make Your Own Sensory Bottle
- Wash your water bottles
- Remove the labels. (Goo Gone is awesome for getting rid of labels!)
- Fill with your favorite stuff.
- Super glue top on. (Some people prefer to glue gun the bottle closed.)
- Have fun! Let your child shake the bottle, swirl the contents or play I Spy.
Get Inspired with These Sensory Bottles
Here are some inspirational ideas to get you started. And remember, sensory bottles don’t have to have a liquid in them to be terrific sensory outlets for your child!
Alphabet Sensory Bottles | The Jenny Evolution
Calm Down Jars with Lego | Lemon Lime Adventures
Glowing Sensory Bottle for Bedtime | Kids Activities Blog
Nature Sensory Bottle | Carrots Are Orange
Glitter Sensory Bottle | Teaching Mama
Make a Wave Bottle | Hands on As We Grow
Weather-Inspired Sensory Bottles | Two Daloo
Magnetic Discovery Sensory Bottle | Preschool Inspirations
Rainbow Discovery Bottles | Fun at Home with Kids
Spring Flower Sensory Bottle | My Little 3
Even More Sensory Inspiration!
The Jenny Evolution has teamed up with some other amazing bloggers to bring you a plethora of sensory ideas. Be sure to check out the other amazing sensory play ideas on the 31 Days of Sensory Play Challenge!